Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Unlockable challenge for Sand Palace
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Unlockable challenge for Sand Palace If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Like the Ash Palace with its unlockable Fire Domain or Knife's Quest. The one place that interest for an extra is the Sand Palace, because a place with such an Egyptian setting I though it did not provide much monsters that actually fit the area. Maybe an extra for additional fun?

King Tutboo's Tomb

It's would not very hard, but not very easy like the Sand Palace. The challenge is to find 4 colored jewels in 4 different locations, each with an obstacle.

Path 1- Traps: There would be hidden or obvious warnings. Some parts(death falls) cannot be crossed over without teleporting or levitating.
Path 2- Monsters: Mummies and chest filled with Scarabs swarms.
Path 3- Puzzle: A huge room with a floor tile puzzle. It's very hard with a hint that would leave you thinking. If you fail at first attempt, you would still get the jewel but you would be ambushed by powerful versions of mummies. If you solve it, you would get the jewel and extra good items.
Path 4- Quicksand hallway: Difficult without floating.

After you get all the jewels, take them to a coffin and use them. King Tutboo would be awaken and attacks.

As for hidden treasures, they are hidden behind walls you can't get through without teleporting.

A bit complicated but just a sidequest suggestion.
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

How about having to break trough a wall to get to these special rooms?
I already tried that once with the stonehead object, but never finished it.
I could make some and you can use those as an alternative to teleporting.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

We could make some kind of passage or something that, when active, modifies the game map so that the features inside the passage are hidden. (for instance all the map data is treated as if it is a black tile)?

A better idea might be to make a passage that "warps" you to a completely new module.
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:13 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's a great idea! We just need someone to do it Rolling Eyes Maybe the unlockable modules should be some sort of multiplayer games (Like the Deathmatch arena for the Ash Palace). The Sand Palace could be a coop multiplayer module (Where you HAVE to cooperate, or you cant finish).

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Clonkinator
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I agree
Yup, good idea. I'd like to see this implemented, by I'd prefer getting Egoboo to run first... Confused
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'll make mummies!
(using the ghoul model, that should work pretty well...)

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I agree with some co-op kinda module, but I did not suggest it since Network play is unavailable at the moment(No one plays the stuff I play around here).
Clonkinator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

But we still have hotseat.
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

True. I'm not familiar how hotseat works(I use it to trade items with myself), but it could be cool if there was party switching and manual and auto for AI.

*plays too much realtime RPGs XP*
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmh. What a pickle. Very good idea, though! I like it...except that the walls should be very very VERY hard to break but can be knocked over by anyone with 20 wisdom and/or 10 intelligence. Maybe they could just be heavy objects that anyone with those stats can/could knock over with either a crowbar or a sword/broad sword. It would say...
"This wall seems shaky" if any character knocked into that sort of wall, but a shaking animation would be needed...
"It's a fake wall!" if the character with 20 WIS/10 INT bumped it a second time...
"(name) needs a prying object..." if the character didn't have the right weapon...
"(name) knocked over a fake wall!" if the character bumps it a third time with the right sort of weapon, using the weapon to pry to the side of the wall and using leverage to knock it over and pull it out. Another animation, this time of the wall falling over and then breaking...
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
"This wall seems shaky" if any character knocked into that sort of wall, but a shaking animation would be needed...
"It's a fake wall!" if the character with 20 WIS/10 INT bumped it a second time...
"(name) needs a prying object..." if the character didn't have the right weapon...
"(name) knocked over a fake wall!" if the character bumps it a third time with the right sort of weapon, using the weapon to pry to the side of the wall and using leverage to knock it over and pull it out. Another animation, this time of the wall falling over and then breaking...

Something like this could be done with a combination of the current passage code (make a passage for the "door") and the new quest system, so that can keep track of the state of the wall.
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, and it would work like the "Stone Head": It is replaced with a different object when destroyed, depending on what fate it had. Otherwise, it would be an invincible object, like a table...or chair...
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
HyugaNeji
Cobol
Cobol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Or this module could be like a Archaeologist challenge, so that he would be able to win his Hero's title( It's just an idea)
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think we were going to have the Hero class quests divided into groups, like this:

1. A quest for Divine spellcasters.
2. A quest for Arcane spellcasters.
3. A quest for technology / special item users.
4. A quest for people who rely on their own physical abilities.

...Or that was my idea, anyway, to save work while keeping variety.
So anyway, that would put the base classes (or the ones we have now, not counting Zombor because he can't become a Hero) into the groups like this:

1. Healer and Paladin
2. Wizard, Elf, and Adventurer
3. G'nome and Archaeologist
4. Soldier and Rogue

...And I think that would cover all future base classes as well, but if it doesn't we could always add a number five.

Anyway, it could still be a challenge module for the Achaeologist, like K'nife's Heist is a challenge module for the Rogue.
We need more class-specific challenges; they're cool.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:55 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, that's an ice (Ha ha) idea.
But, as Purple said, I don't think so with the Hero Class bit.
I also like the original idea.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: