Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Sub characters and roles questions/assumptions.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:27 am    Post subject: Sub characters and roles questions/assumptions. If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well there are some things I would want to ask about certian sub characters.

Lord Hagen: He sounds very important, but who is he and what is he a lord of? I'm assuming the Evil Paladin took over his palace, killed his followers and turned the rest into undead/monsters for an evil army. I could be wrong though since I have no idea what country he's a lord of, unless he affiliated with Bishopa.

Wizard Starter: Betraying your master with magics that seem forbidden I'm assuming. Who is this Lich? Is he just another dark follower/worshiper of the Dracolich that holds a stronghold in some dark mage guild? I'm assuming the Wizard decided to turn against the master after hearing that their faction had some involvement with the king's disappearance. And the only reason why the Wizard or wizards even served under the Lich was because they had access to to vast lost knowledge and magics within his library.

Zombor: Hmm... It seems we are killing the good guys here before we turn anti-hero. You kill Bishop's followers and then the priest(not sure which term the Cleric is going by since cleric has a few meanings due to time). This dark faction I mentioned before seems to be really busy.

Why am I asking this. Well, I'm just curious and I would soon want to see if it's possible to connect these evens into the comic I'm working on(new stuff just makes me change the plan over and over XD).

And I also though it would be fun to talk about., just as long as they are not "out of the norm".

Preview
Story: Shredded
Chapters planned: None
Scapped
Motivation: 0%
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm... I think there is one thing that is all wrong from... since... 2.2.2... Lich. I mean, Crypt's introduction or whatever it is, the text that explains the module, says like this:
Code:
:Sometime_ago_a_brave_healer_
:killed_an_evil_necromancer,
:now_the_sorcerer_have_returned
:as_an_undead_himself.
:_Enter_in_his_lair_and_slay_him
:again..._
:_

And that would mean Lich is Necromancer, because Crypt's boss is Lich... And he has to be killed... Is there many Liches and Necromancers? Confused
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Not many, but several, at least.
Only one Dracolich though.

Anyway, a backstory comic thing would be really cool.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

woodmouse wrote:
Hmmm... I think there is one thing that is all wrong from... since... 2.2.2... Lich. I mean, Crypt's introduction or whatever it is, the text that explains the module, says like this:
Code:
:Sometime_ago_a_brave_healer_
:killed_an_evil_necromancer,
:now_the_sorcerer_have_returned
:as_an_undead_himself.
:_Enter_in_his_lair_and_slay_him
:again..._

And that would mean Lich is Necromancer, because Crypt's boss is Lich... And he has to be killed... Is there many Liches and Necromancers? Confused

I think the one in the crypt is the same as the Necromancer, because I think he escaped the first time.

And yes. One Dracolich. One cult?

Preview
Scapped
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Presumably, the world is divided into two factions.

The first would be those loyal to Lord Bishop.
It is further split into two different groups: the Arcane-aligned and the Divine-aligned. Some, like G'nomes, are, of course, neutral.

The second would be the evil group. It seems most are allied with the Dracolich, but some are more netural. All, though, oppose Lord Bishop.
All of the people in this group seem to be Arcane-aligned or neutral, though we have notable exceptions such as the Evil Paladin (who I hesitate to call Divine-aligned, but he obviously uses a similar brand of magic).

Then we have interesting character such as the Rogue. He's part of the loyal-to-Bishop faction, it seems, but he himself really doesn't care much for the king, or the law, or anything at all for that matter. Obviously, the rogue is a generic character class, so one imagines there are many of these. We also see this in the Griffin tower; these are criminals, but they are probably not on the same side as the Dracolich and the necromancers and all them. They're just... criminals.

Then we also have people, like the Hobgoblins, who have chosen not to take sides at all.
Then we also have the Vampyre and Zombi classes, who you'd think would be on the side of the evil people, but have obviously defected.

So it's a bit convoluted, really, but that's just like real life.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

And Angels. They are not loyal to Bishop, kinda. I got this idea: They want to save the king to capture him themselves and then get money for their recover; they have been attacked by Great Brain (who would maybe be mentioned somewhere?). And that would also make longer storyline.
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That seems really weird to me. The Angels should be benevolent supporters of Lord Bishop, not monetarily-obsessed kidnappers!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah. Sounds like something peasants from a burnt village would do.

Preview
Scapped
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ok, then...
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmm an interesting idea. The Draco Lich has a number of subordinates, the Necromancers. Like a cult, where the draco is the master and all the necromancers are his acolytes (Who spread his evil work around the world).

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

And Liches? What are they in Egoboo, exatly?
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Liches are Necromancers who became really powerful and turned themselves undead.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ooooh... Twisted Evil OOOH! And Dracolich? Half dragon? Confused
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I always assumed the Dracolich was an undead Draconian Necromancer.
And he should be HUGE.
Twice the size of the Daemon Lord, even.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oooooh! HUUUUUUGE!!! Very Happy Shocked GREAT! Woohoo! Woohoo! I want to make skin for it! Can I? I know, it's kinda hard without model, but an idea for the skin that would be tested with Necromancer?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: