Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Secret levels
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

woodmouse wrote:
So...? Do you mean I edit it from Bishopia?

That's what I would do.

But, maybe you should just make several maps of it?
Long maps are often tedious, especially if you're making it as big as I think you would.
I mean, wow! Egomap's max is 255x255, just how big is it going to be?
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, I make it HUUUUUUUUUUGE Bishopia Capitol based level with a lot of variety. But it will still be catacomby.
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Careful making big maps. EgoMap object handling system has a lot bugs in bigger maps. It is a lot of hassle making big ones.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It hasn't made a bug yet and it is HUUUUGE already... But could someone place the monsters there then later? Because I think if I place them, it will be too easy or too hard... Confused
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Monsters might need to be placed in spawn.txt manually. Or with EgoMap and with a lot of backups. When EgoMap opens BIG spawn.txt files (Like bishopia), it tends to delete half of them before saving the file.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh... I'm not good at coordinates... Crying or Very sad
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's why you can use EgoMap for placing the object and copying the new spawn.txt with the object coordinates into your "real" spawn.txt

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, I'll make something like that then. What kinda monsters should be there? I mean, demons and undead, but should there be bugs? The level is a little strange, maybe, because there are sooo many textures in walls and floors...
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Bugs and undead are nice. Magical creatures too (Gelatinous Cube, Acid blobs, Tranches, maybe even Stalkers, etc.)

Demons are mostly in the abyss though...

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

OK, no demons. And gelfeets bug a little. They just go to one corner and stick there... Confused And yeah, I'll put there tranches, with some extra scary skins. Twisted Evil and acid blobs, but Stalkers... Can they use hatchets?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Don't think so. Unless you give them the ability to do so. What about the shuffling heap?

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'll put some of those, too! Smile With that kinda... ewwww... skins! Twisted Evil So everyone will puke when they see them... Twisted Evil Should I make them a little different? I mean script, particles, etc. How can I make their blood red?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Blood is managed with particles. I think PurpleSquerkle told you how to do that. Simple method is to copy red blood from a different object to the shuffling heap.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It won't work... I copied from Butcher and rust eater, but the Shuffling heaps just disappear when killed, so i use their own particles...
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

woodmouse wrote:
It won't work... I copied from Butcher and rust eater, but the Shuffling heaps just disappear when killed, so i use their own particles...

The new blood particles need to have the same numbers as the old blood particles.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: