Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Report. (2.6.1)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Bug Report
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Clonkinator
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Report. (2.6.1) If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, now that I have played a bit again, I noticed some bugs in 2.6.1. I don't know which of them are already known, so I'll just report all of them, just in case.

- In the water palace, if you rise the water level and then press the first switch you encounter after the starting point, the music changes to the gnome airship music. I don't think that's intended.
- In the water palace, after you defeat the water weird, the bishopia music plays. I don't think that's intended either.
- Characters don't keep their (additional) skills. Rogues can poison themselves when using a stiletto, for example. (This is particularly annoying)
- The first level of the catacombs instantly crashes when I try to play it. There is no log output though.
- The rogue starter doesn't export. I think it has to do with the exit area disabling the export and then enabling it; I think it should work with states instead (so it only keeps disabling or enabling, but not both).
- I keep getting the meaningless message "a frost lizard slew a frost lizard!!!" when I kill frost lizards with crossbows.

...that's all for now. If I encounter more, I'll post it in this thread as well.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

the puzzle in Catacombs level 1 won't work...
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Report. (2.6.1) If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Clonkinator wrote:

- I keep getting the meaningless message "a frost lizard slew a frost lizard!!!" when I kill frost lizards with crossbows.

That's not a bug. The munchies are interfering with your motor capabilities.

Anyway, that skill thing is a serious problem.

Oh, and there were some things that aren't really bugs, but stuff that was taken out that I'd really like in as soon as possible:
-The menu image is just pasted in there. It used to (I don't remember which versions) look really cool, because it was just the soldier and the grub, and the edges were fuzzy. Then we could use the banner from the website (or even the one from the forums / wiki).
-I miss the new particle system. Sad
-If I think of anything else, I'll post it... I haven't actually, you know, played the game yet, but I'm hoping the friction stuff is gone. If not, it goes here, too.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Good another bug report Smile

Quote:

- In the water palace, if you rise the water level and then press the first switch you encounter after the starting point, the music changes to the gnome airship music. I don't think that's intended.

- In the water palace, after you defeat the water weird, the bishopia music plays. I don't think that's intended either.

Fixed.

Quote:
- The rogue starter doesn't export. I think it has to do with the exit area disabling the export and then enabling it; I think it should work with states instead (so it only keeps disabling or enabling, but not both).

Fixed.

Quote:

- Characters don't keep their (additional) skills. Rogues can poison themselves when using a stiletto, for example. (This is particularly annoying)
-The menu image is just pasted in there. It used to (I don't remember which versions) look really cool, because it was just the soldier and the grub, and the edges were fuzzy. Then we could use the banner from the website (or even the one from the forums / wiki).
-I miss the new particle system.

The new skill, menu image handling and particle system only works in the latest version located in the trunk (Or development versions).

Quote:
- The first level of the catacombs instantly crashes when I try to play it. There is no log output though.

Hmm strange. It works at the least for me, woodmouse and Hiroy. Tried restarting the game? It should work in the latest DEV version anyways.

Quote:

Fixed.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm always amazed at how quickly you work. Shocked
Anyway, when will we see those features back in the stable version?

And I stand by what I said about the munchies. Razz Smile

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

As soon as the Development version becomes stable, yes Razz

It will also contain all the new script functions and hotseat.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

OoOOOooh!

Wait... when's that?

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Clonkinator

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
Quote:

-I miss the new particle system.

The new skill, menu image handling and particle system only works in the latest version located in the trunk (Or development versions).

Oh... Guess I'll give the development version another try then.

Zefz wrote:
Quote:

Hmm strange. It works at the least for me, woodmouse and Hiroy. Tried restarting the game? It should work in the latest DEV version anyways.

Hmmm... No, I didn't try it a second time yet. I'll do that later.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz, can you fix the puzzle in Catacombs level 1? It is really bad thing it won't work. Confused Oh, and does puzzles need passage.txt?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh, by the way, it isn't really a bug (or is it?), but let me just ask:
I tried to change the bars to better looking ones; I renamed the old bars file to something Egoboo wouldn't recognize and put the new file with the name "bars" in its place. It actually worked, except for one thing - although the bars in the files had exactly the same order, the new life bar was blue instead of red! Shocked
Anyone knows what might cause that?
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Make it blue. Then it's red.
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You are using Egoboo 2.6.1

This bug is fixed in the Development versions. Decrease number of colors to 256 and you should be fine. (You are currently using 32-bit colors).

@woodmouse: Depends on the puzzle. And the puzzle really works for me.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The blue and white puzzle... It won't work for me... I made sooooo sure I make it right but nothing happens... Crying or Very sad Clonks have you Catacoms yet?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
You are using Egoboo 2.6.1

This bug is fixed in the Development versions. Decrease number of colors to 256 and you should be fine. (You are currently using 32-bit colors).

That works, thanks. Smile

@woodmouse: Yes, but as I said, it crashes.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh, I forgrot that...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Bug Report All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: