Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Regarding classes.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Regarding classes. If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Alright, so I know you people are eager to make your own classes, but most of the concepts and ideas I've seen so far were poor, you know why?
Because they were unbalanced.

When you make a new class, for every advantage, ability or skill you give it, you must also give it a drawback, something that makes up for all the advantages it has.

The Wizard for example, can use extremely powerful magic, at a very good rate, the drawback is the lack of physical abilities: Low Hp, Low Strength, and Low Dexterity.

When you make a class that combines two different classes, it should have either twice the drawbacks of a normal class, or one that is very disabling.

Another thing, the lack of unique abilities.
I know making new abilities is hard, and takes time and energy, but no one wants to see a spin-off of an original class with nothing but new stats and skins.

To put is simply:
Stop making classes just so you can have one ultimate class.
Balance them, and make them challenging and fun.
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:20 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I agree Well said

But if you want to play a Samurai instead of Soldier, Ninja instead of rogue, Inventor instead of G'nome: Those all seem good candidates for a Mod or Plugin Wink Clap

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My angel just won't work... It is "balanced"... Its life is 15, mana is... Embarassed 99 Embarassed ......... Strenght is 5, wisdom is 17, dexterity is 22. Does it seem balanced?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

No. Thinking...

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Embarassed Because of the mana? Embarassed
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Other than having WAAAAAAAY to much mana (Is there even room on screen for 99 mana blocks?) You never told us about the Angel's abilities.
I have some ideas I can share, if you want.
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That at first yes. 99 is extreme. Maybe level 40 characters have chance to reach that.

The G'nome is the most hardy and constitutional class until now (Meaning he has most life). He has around 12 life points.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ok i'll vhange the mana to... What level?
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well said, Chainsaw.
The stuff we make now is more for fun purposes.
I know I used to make heaps of different classes. For fun, they were crappy.
Maybe I should try and dig up that old Playable Fallen Paladin I made, he was quite nice really.
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, 3-4 is more than enough for a 1st level character.
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That depends on how important spellcasting is for him or her.

See the Wizard, Elf or Healer for Main spellcaster.
Paladin or adventurer for secondary ones.

Mana Return and Mana Flow should be balanced according to the amount of mana too...

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:38 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Now the mana is 3. And my images won't work...! WHY!?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: