Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Next Step
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What next?
Archeologist Starter
50%
 50%  [ 5 ]
Abyss Level 2 (Last Level!)
30%
 30%  [ 3 ]
Minor overall improvements
20%
 20%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Next Step If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Okay another thing scratched from my todo list Smile So what do I do next? I was thinking of either making the Archaeologist Starter or the last level of the Abyss.

Both will probably take quite long time to make. I could also finish up Bishopia Graveyard or the Ice Palace Yeti.

So what do you think? I'm not one much for polls - most of the time they turn out to be silly, but Ill make one this time.

Here is a little preview of what's in the next release for now:
Code:

- New Feature: A new sidequest -Griffin Tower- has been added into the game.
- New Feature: Some new items and models has been added around the game (Credits to Chainsaw).
- Update: Some balancing adjustments to gameplay.
- Update: A new easter egg has been implemented.
- Update: The Ice Lizard is improved.
- Update: The unlock order of the palaces has changed.
- Bugfix: Several minor fixes.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Archeologist starter.
Also, what have you and birdsey been trying to accomplish before the next stable release?
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh a little of everything. He is currently working on the Networking system. In addition he also has more or less implemented a new Object system. This system removes the need of a thousand files or more. The size of Egoboo can potentially be halved or so!

He is also working on some very nice models Razz

I've been mostly working around with modules. I also managed to create a good generic AI that can be used with any fighter based monster (Uses shields, mounts, grabs and drops weapons, jumps over obstacles, can use both ranged and melee, etc.). Meaning a smarter and more capable AI than the average Egoboo AI.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Archeologist Starter. The last level I could probably wait until the end of this year or the next.

Preview
Story: Shredded
Chapters planned: None
Scapped
Motivation: 0%
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Do the Archaeologist starter, then the overall improvements, then the Abyss level two. You should do it last because then it will be extra-special, right?

And, ooh, models. How about some for character classes that need them? *coughwerewolfcough*
Or redoing the Draconian?
And the Dracolich, of course.

But anyway, is it just you and Birdsey now? What happened to Jonathan and Denis?

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Clonkinator
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 9:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I voted for minor overall improvements. I'm neither really excited about the archeologist nor about the last level of the abyss, so that's my choice. Confused
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

ABYSS!!! I LOVE ABYSS!!! Twisted Evil Abyss is best! Abyss.... A... By... Sssssshhhh... Drool
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

There's no sense getting more stuff in the game unless it's any good. So I voted improvements. But, the Argeologist would be timed perfectly with the new Indiana Jones hype Very Happy .
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I want to help with the Abyss when it is started... I LOVE Abyss...! It's best! The walls, thank you million billion times, Hiroy!!! Thank you! Thank you! I would want to make tilesets to level 2...
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
I also managed to create a good generic AI that can be used with any fighter based monster (Uses shields, mounts, grabs and drops weapons, jumps over obstacles, can use both ranged and melee, etc.). Meaning a smarter and more capable AI than the average Egoboo AI.

Any chance of sending me that one via pm?
I've made a new monster, but all I came up with is a modified guard script, which isn't very good.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maxaxle wrote:
But, the Argeologist would be timed perfectly with the new Indiana Jones hype Very Happy .

Sweet, I didn't even think of that!
It'd be SO PERFECT!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Indiana Jones! I've only seen one movie... It was the one where someone pulled someone's heart out... And it was good!
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle wrote:
Maxaxle wrote:
But, the Argeologist would be timed perfectly with the new Indiana Jones hype Very Happy .

Sweet, I didn't even think of that!
It'd be SO PERFECT!

Wonder
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

What? It would be.

woodmouse wrote:
Indiana Jones! I've only seen one movie... It was the one where someone pulled someone's heart out... And it was good!

That's the Temple of Doom.
I think the first one (Raiders of the Lost Ark) was my favorite, but not by much; I liked them all.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

@Purple: It took you that long to remember?
@woodmouse: Ack Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww!
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: