Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
New Release
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: New Release If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

So, I am announcing a new Release for Egoboo the coming weekend. The Stable version will be released for certain. bgbirdsey has also done some great work on improving the development version, so everyone clap your hands together for him. But there is still some work to be done so be patient if there are some delays.

We will see if the Development version is ripe enough to become the new stable one. If this is not the case we will continue with a split "Stable" and development version.

Biggest changes in the "development" version is the mesh collision bugs fixed, targeting system, Quest system, a new sidequest module and a number of bugfixes. All these changes may have introduced new bugs though, so bugtesting may be needed.

I doubt the Archaeologist Starter will be finished before this release. I almost got the Jungle Warrior ready, but there is still a whole module to be put together Razz

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yay for Birdsey! Clap
See, look, I even risked getting yelled at for using the smiley certain people find ugly! I'm just dripping appreciation! Very Happy

Anyway, when the starter IS finished, you should just add it and upload the version again right away. Put "b" at the end of it or whatever. Maybe add other things that could be put in at that time too.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Very Happy I can't wait for weekend! Hope my computer works then... Confused
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks to woodmouse I checked out the Crypt module too. I found that it was quite nice and fits into a plan I have for it. I did some personal modifications and improvements to it too. I think I will put it into the next release as well Smile

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Whee What else is going to be there? I mean, is there going to be Rainbow Cars? Very Happy
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hehe nah. I improved the AI. Changed some loot, added music, maybe add a new monster and the boss battle should be more interesting.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh.
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

@Birdsey: Clap
@Zefz: Whee Whee Whee
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle wrote:
Yay for Birdsey! Clap
See, look, I even risked getting yelled at for using the smiley certain people find ugly! I'm just dripping appreciation! Very Happy

Anyway, when the starter IS finished, you should just add it and upload the version again right away. Put "b" at the end of it or whatever. Maybe add other things that could be put in at that time too.

Agent of Dread wrote:
@Birdsey: Clap
@Zefz: Whee Whee Whee

*yells at PurpleSquerkle and Agent of Dread for using that smiley* Laughing
But seriously, Clap for bgbirdsey. And there should be a new module specifically for the Bumper Cars, seriously! It would be some sorta bonus module if you finish all of the Palaces, or some other small achievement. Relatively small, that is. Maybe just for killing every monster in the Sand Palace, or ridding Bishopia City of a wanted criminal, etc. Maybe it could just be something you get at the start. In a section of the menu called "Bonus Levels/Modules", where all of the special maps that don't really apply to RPG games would be, a fun section of the game. Where all of the maps that are all fun and games would be.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

We need a carnival, too.
Could go with the eventual Jester class.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:15 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle wrote:
We need a carnival, too.
Could go with the eventual Jester class.

Laughing Yes, I agree! And maybe, just maybe, there would be a bunch of Carnival-only items. Like the Jester's Wand...And a "strange book" (book of Frost Nova)...
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Since we have a Jester class on the list, and a Jester's Wand, one of them is going to need a name change.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:20 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Fancy Wand?
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wand of Randomancy.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Laughing
Wand of Insanity?
Wand of Craziness?
The Insane Wand?
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: