Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
New Egoboo Forum Temporarily Down
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Off-Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: New Egoboo Forum Temporarily Down If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Sourceforge is migrating the MySQL database from California servers to Chicago servers. They have not given a target time to finish this, but I hope it will be soon.

Hold on for joy!
penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

They must finish soon!
We wants forum of sourceforgeness!
An Egoboo minideveloper
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Re: New Egoboo Forum Temporarily Down If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

bgbirdsey wrote:
Sourceforge is migrating the MySQL database from California servers to Chicago servers. They have not given a target time to finish this, but I hope it will be soon.

Oh, that's right.
I couldn't figure out what the deal was.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:07 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Sourceforge has completed the MySQL transfer/upgrade. Apparently our forum software is not working with the new version of MySQL. We may have to wait until Zefz has a free moment to deal with the problem...
penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Purple can get the LocalSettings.php file in the forum folder and PM it to me...
Or bgbirdsey can do it...

bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I've enabled sourceforge's phpBB. I can't see anyway to merge the old forum posts into the new database, though.
penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

If I can get the LocalSettings.php file from the server, I might be able to fix it.
But I have no website privileges. Sad

bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 12:58 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It is rejecting my shell access at the moment, but it might just be a migration issue.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

penguinflyer5234 wrote:
Purple can get the LocalSettings.php file in the forum folder and PM it to me...
Or bgbirdsey can do it...

I can't log in, sorry. Sad
I don't know what's up but it says my connection was reset every time I try....

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Same with me. Zefz said that you were able to log in, but I guess not! ARGH!

I just checked the messed up site status page and it looks like the shell services are shut down until the web migration is complete. I was confused by the fact that they said that you could use sftp on web.sourceforge.net... I assumed that that meant that everything was ok...
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Gaaah! It hasn't worked on many days! Crying or Very sad Well there is this forum, right? Someone can probably somehow tell that to Zefz? Email him about it? If we start using this forum again, I do this: Whee (FOR ALL THE MEMORIES!!!)
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, if you read this topic, you will know that sourceforge moved its server to somewhere else.
And the new forum doesn't like the new MySQL version.
So it won't work.
We will be using this until we get the new one working again.
I don't remember when Zefz was supposed to get back from spelunking and climbing.
Soon, I think, if not already.
An Egoboo minideveloper
penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

bgbirdsey wrote:
I just checked the messed up site status page and it looks like the shell services are shut down until the web migration is complete. I was confused by the fact that they said that you could use sftp on web.sourceforge.net... I assumed that that meant that everything was ok...

How long will that take????? Shocked

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Email everyone about this? Some people just don't get that this works, right?
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I can make a post on the SF project site, but it would be better if Squerkle could make a note on the webpage?

Yes, I can log on to web.sourceforge.net, so is must just be the shell server that is down... Sad
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Off-Topic All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: