Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Need more space
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HyugaNeji
Cobol
Cobol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Need more space If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Is there any possibility of having a place in capitol city to keep our items there because the sporks take too much space!!!
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

We know, we're working on a way to keep them in your inventory, but not taking up space.
Please be patient, and you may want to read a few old topics so you know what's going on.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That is actually part of the style of the game, with few inventory slots you have to think very carefully about what you will take with you.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Is it like that, Birdsey? Shocked I haven't thinked it like that...
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes I agree, but 6 slots may already be few (Especially for spellcasters!).

Standard Gear for most classes:
Life potions
Main weapon
Ranged weapon
Amulets, braclets or shoes?
Scroll or wand
Dungeon keys

Spellcasters need one space for every spell they want to carry!

I still think picking up the sporks would be mostly iconic, instead of an actual object. (And icon pops up displaying the spork when you check stats, instead of taking actual inventory space).

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I thought of a good way for this to work, and was going to post about it the other day but forgot.

Add a tag, [WTLS], to mark a weightless object.
Hardcode it so that any object with that tag will take up no inventory space.

I really don't know how hard that would be to do, but it would work well, and it does seem like it would be much easier than other options.
Also, it could be used for other quest items (Bargel's diary, for example), and any other special things we want to be weightless.

I do think, though, that this should be worked on soon -- before Abyss 2.
Because as it is, there's just not enough room for all the sporks AND the items you want to use within Catacombs 1. It leaves you with three spots for other items. Basically, that's one method of attack, one shield (you always need one of those), and a stack of life potions. This is really messy for spellcasters, because they have no room for mana potions. And, really, you can't get by with just one weapon/spell.

However, generally speaking, I do agree with bgbirdsey, so if we add a "weightless" tag, it should be used sparingly (primarily for quest objects).

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Or cheating! Twisted Evil
But yeah, weightless.
Good idea.
An Egoboo minideveloper
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Problem is you are 100% hardcoded to have no more than 6 inventory objects. There are probably a few ways to handle this differently, but that will need some work and thinking.

It may confuse players too, some items fitting into inventory and some not.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I thought it was 8 objects, not 6. 0-7 is 8.

penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes it is. Smile
It would take a while implementing that weightless thing if someone makes it, right?
But if the players don't understand..
Leave a note explaining?

Um, I was looking at the official website, and, well, are the bounty tavern,
frost nova spellbook and hobgobiln going to be used sometime?
(and sorry for posting this like this. Sad )
An Egoboo minideveloper
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The hardcoded limit is completely arbitrary. It could be basically anything you want.

Items that are worn (like amulets, bracelets, necklaces, and shoes) should not take up traditional inventory spaces.
HyugaNeji
Cobol
Cobol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

So... what's the plan?
HyugaNeji
Cobol
Cobol

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

it seems we have 2 possibilities, but... what's the plan?and are those possible?
penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Please don't double post...
And how you posted the exact same thing twice...
I'm not sure.

I did that somehow yesterday and couldn't figure out how to delete it..
Weird it was..

I don't know what's going to happen about this either.
An Egoboo minideveloper
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

They are possible, and please don't double post.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: