Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Module order
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scytale
The Egoboo Prophet
The Egoboo Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ah ah, a funny moment, doubtlessly.

Those who post single-word/smiley messages should be einbozzled! (You don't know what it is, and believe me, you don't want to.)
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

About Bounty Tavern. It sounds a bit out of chracter for a final celebration module... I always pictured it to be a huge festival in a big city where anyone is welcomed.

Preview
Story: Shredded
Chapters planned: None
Scapped
Motivation: 0%
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:24 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Even pirates! Very Happy

Anyways, replying to Scytale:

Yeh, I'm going to make a S'nome Village and probably a S'nome class, but that would more likely fit in the expansion pack I'm going to make after finishing the first part of Egoboo (free and open source).

After that, you would get to the Snow Fields, where you enter a battle field when you come at the end. (Snow trolls will spawn from the background and you will have to build up some traps and move crates to create a wall and block them, and you will have some S'nome archers protecting you). If you don't have other players, you will automatically get NPC characters that follow you and protect you, just like Mim and Brom, but from the storyline that I wrote. You have to push back the trolls until you get to a switch that closes the main entrance of the ice palace (snow trolls are dumb and won't get out of the ice palace through the secret entrance/exit) then you can get into the ice palace and unlock the puzzle to get the spork. That would sound rather fun and different (instead of the same puzzles all the time, you would enter a battlefield, giving the module a new taste). That's sort of like a Tower Defense, if you know what I mean.
Total code bug fixes: 3
Total game bug fixes (This season): 1
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

S'nomes sound interesting, but conceptually they don't make sense.
Couldn't they be their own race? But even if they're related to the G'nomes, the name is still dumb (IMO). It ruins the humor in names like "G'nome" and "K'nife."

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:49 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quote:
the name is still dumb

Egoboo spirit?

Quote:
"G'nome" and "K'nife."

Egoboo spirit?
Scytale
The Egoboo Prophet
The Egoboo Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wow I can't wait for all that! Actually, it's quite a long time since I've played Egoboo for the last time. And I want to wait for 2.7.6 before playing again (because of the bugs, but mostly of the fu**ing virus when I try to download it). Does anybody know when it will be released?

Those who post single-word/smiley messages should be einbozzled! (You don't know what it is, and believe me, you don't want to.)
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

When programmers find the holy grail. I'm up for fixing the bugs! I'm going to be a programmer now, because I'm one of the few people that can compile Egoboo!
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

denis3 wrote:
Quote:
the name is still dumb

Egoboo spirit?

Quote:
"G'nome" and "K'nife."

Egoboo spirit?

Nono, I mean it doesn't fit with the other ones, so it ruins the joke.
...Unless there's something there I missed, and It's just me who's dumb?

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Lech
Cobol
Cobol

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:26 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Why not call the S'nomes something like "Eski'Moes" or "Eski'Joes", and have them be their own race, like long lost decendents of G'nomes? Something like that. And maybe have them use hooks and stacked spears as weapons. But that could be pushing the eskimo idea a little...

Oh, and I'm new to the forums, and I'm waiting patiently for 2.7.6.
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

They are sort of like eskimoes, yeh, but in body shape, they are quite thin and almost starving, because of the evil of the snow troll army.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:00 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maybe S'Nomes are not different race? Maybe Nome is the race and the 1st letter is something else?

G'Nomes = "ground nomes" whish were obviously named before airships
S'Nomes = "snow nomes" 'nuff said
C'Nomes = "custard nomes" well, this is too silly

Maybe you could put some S'Nome prisoners in the Ice Palace?
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

S'Nomes and G'Nomes are sort of like bears and polar bears.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maybe the side quests/modules should be listed here a different way

Dungeons
    Water Palace
    Sand Palace -> Sand Weg
    (?)Skull Mountains
    Shadow Palace
    (?)Doom Wastes
    Ash Palace -> fire domain
    (?)Rocky Passage
    (?)Snow Fields
    S'nome Village
    Ice Palace
    (?)The Plains
    Catacomb 1
    Catacomb 2
    Catacomb 3
    The Abyss
    Bishop Palace

Towns
    Zippy City - originally there was a side-quest where undead were overrunning the town
    Sand Weg
    Bishopia City
    Mighty Wood
    High Spire
    Lumpkin Fortress
    Bounty Tavern

I put a (?) nest to the map-like modules, because the world map will likely be added in very soon.

Maybe there should be a "celebration module" for every palace, like a mini-game. There is already the fire domain that could be related to the ash palace. Maybe Sand Weg could be accessible to all, but you would not get good faction there until you completed the sand palace?

All the other towns should be generally accessible to all.

-----------------------------------------------

One more idea!! We could re-use the Lumpkin Fortress in the Elf starter as a "town".
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:25 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm I wouldn't really say that Sand Weg is a side quest, since you need to walk through it to get to the rocky mountains. But this mini-game idea is good in my opinion.

For example, remember the bumper cars? That could be the mini game for the sand palace, since it uses the same textures. And the rainbow race, that would be the mini game for the ice palace.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Sorry, I was just trying to indicate that you could "unlock" something by completing the module. I this case, you unlock good faction in Sand Weg.

Yes! I forgot about the racing stuff. You are right about the mini games.

THOUGH, I think they are a bit too silly for the main story line. What kind of a super villain is going to keep a bumper car track in his back yard?

Maybe you unlock the mini games by finding a secret in the module? There are already a couple of secret things in the modules, and they could be used to unlock the games.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: