Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Module difficulty and
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:24 pm    Post subject: Module difficulty and If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think that some modules should be easier and some maybe a little harder... For example, catacomb level 2 is a little... Hard for me... And Ash palace should be maybe a little harder... Or what do you think?
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:28 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

We already are balancing stuff a bit, but
1) The catacombs and the abyss are supposed to be insanely hard. You should only enter them with really high-level chars. I myself ensure you though, that I already beat them with a level-4-char. It just requires a lot of skill.
2) Currently, there are a few more urgent things to do.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

OK, so then they should stay the same... But what about the Ash Palace? And Healer starter? They should be a little harder, if you ask me... And the G'nome starter's difficulty ranking is a little... Hiiiiiigh?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I myself am satisfied with the difficulty of the ash palace. Those cobols with their crossbows can be pretty annoying you know, especially if you don't have any ranged weapons and no shield yourself... However, I'd be fine with giving a few of the lumpkins gonnes (maybe only with 5 ammo each). It should spice things up a little.

The healer starter is really fine if you ask me. Getting basic, new classes shouldn't be too hard.

The gnome starter's rating is also okay, if you ask me. New players often have problems with this one, although its rather short. Can you finish it without dying in the first place?
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Right... Should I put them gonnes? Should all of them have gonnes?

Now some of them have gonnes... Wooden gonnes...

Yes, I don't die in G'nome starter... Just when I do something really stupid, like just walk to be shooted or something... So, usually not... When I first played G'nome starter, I didn't die...

Last edited by woodmouse on Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Clonkinator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

woodmouse wrote:
Right... Should I put them gonnes? Should all of them have gonnes?

Nah, not all of them. We don't won't a hail of bullets, now do we? And giving them gonnes really isn't that hard, so feel free to do so if you want, and submit the modified spawn.txt then. However, if I were you, I'd wait for Zefz' opinion on this first.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The wooden gonnes have 5 bullets and there are three Lumkins with them now... And I have to post the wooden gonnes, too... They are just wooden gonnes with only 5 bullets... And the leader Lumpkin now has the tris3 skin from the Lumpkins in Elf starter... I thought it fits goodly for the leader... And I thought about that message when you bump the wheel... What does it mean, acyually? Should it have a different message, when all the Lumpkins are killed? Something like: "No one drives the ship..." Or something?
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The G'nome starter is fine; I think it's quite easy.
The Catacombs are supposed to be brutal.
The Ash palace is fine, as it's one of the earlier palaces.
I think the Healer's should stay easy, as it's a base class.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Why didn't you ask why the gonnes are wooden... Crying or Very sad

So, if G'nome starter is fine, do I delete the wooden gonnes? But what about the leader's skin? Is it good that it is even more different than the others?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It might be better if you saw even more clearly who was the Leader Lumpkin. Maybe dark black skin? Red glowing eyes?

Speaking of lumpkins: I was thinking of adding Lumpkin Shamans into the game. Like other lumpkins, just with a special skin and healing abillity (Like the healer). This would allow more teamwork between lumpkins and more tactical opposition.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ooooh... In the next stabble release? The Lumpkin thing? How can I make red glow eyes?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Particle effect or change the skin to red eyes (They won't glow with the latter though.) Maybe using both will be best.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

But then I have to make there one Lumpkin more, and it won't even work if I do it... And do I remove the wooden gonnes?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Why did you even want wooden gonnes?

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I wanted them wooden so they can be different from normal gonnes. Like some other weapons... Embarassed And I think that wooden guns are more like... Lumpkin-like... Embarassed
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: