Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Module difficulty and
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
It might be better if you saw even more clearly who was the Leader Lumpkin. Maybe dark black skin? Red glowing eyes?

Speaking of lumpkins: I was thinking of adding Lumpkin Shamans into the game. Like other lumpkins, just with a special skin and healing abillity (Like the healer). This would allow more teamwork between lumpkins and more tactical opposition.

We definitely need Cobol shamans at least, now that I've arbitrarily decided that they can use nature magic.
Since Lumpkins use G'nome technology, maybe a Lumpkin medic would be better?

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I agree
But I think modules should all stay the same. Confused They're good. G'nome starter is good to learn how to be a G'nome, Healer is challenging enough, and the Ash Palace is difficult, but I like it. I haven't played the Catacombs 1 yet so I don't know about it.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Should I make a more challenging G'nome module? Like "G'nome Challenge"?
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It will come in later. I think.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, right now, we really need starters. Keep working on the Vampyre one!
If Chainsaw lets you, you could do the Hobgoblin one, or at least help with it.
If Zefz lets you, you could do the Archaeologist one, or at least help with it.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I want to help with them... Is Chainsaw logged in now?
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hey, woodmouse, you don't need to do everything. We can do things too, and I'm sure some of us want to.
And don't just dive straight in and do something because one person suggests it. Zefz should be consulted on some of these things.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, I would suggest only working on one or two things.

It gets crazy when you try to do too much, trust me!

Seriously, AoD, calm down. You already said that. Laughing

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Haha Laughing Good one Wink

Should we award PP points for spamming? Razz

Anyways I have these really good plans and ideas for Archeologist, Abyss 2, Zombi Starter and Griffin Tower. That's why I kinda "claimed" them ^^

What the game always can use is new monsters, new tile textures. Fossils for example. New demons and magic items for the abyss level 2.

Maybe some idea inputs for those modules? (Special encounters, puzzles etc.)

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle wrote:

DOUBLE POST! Razz
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Speaking of difficulties. I don't think it would be insanely hard to make a difficulty slider ingame. You could have a Hard-Core mode for example, giving monsters +50% damage and HP, but also awarding 25% bonus xp or something like that.

(Or easy mode -25% xp, damage and life)

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Agent of Dread wrote:
PurpleSquerkle wrote:

DOUBLE POST! Razz

Ohsnap.
Touché.

Anyway, difficulty slider... cool! We should do it!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:06 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle wrote:
Agent of Dread wrote:
PurpleSquerkle wrote:

DOUBLE POST! Razz

Ohsnap.
Touché.

Anyway, difficulty slider... cool! We should do it!

Ooooh... Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Zefz wrote:
It might be better if you saw even more clearly who was the Leader Lumpkin. Maybe dark black skin? Red glowing eyes?

Speaking of lumpkins: I was thinking of adding Lumpkin Shamans into the game. Like other lumpkins, just with a special skin and healing abillity (Like the healer). This would allow more teamwork between lumpkins and more tactical opposition.

I would guess that these shamans would hurt the human healers as they are evil...right? Confused And vice-versa?
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
Particle effect or change the skin to red eyes

You should be able to create a flame like effect if you spawn particles from vertices near the eyes.

HOWEVER, there is no reason for Lumpkins to be magically evil. For instance, they are not possesed by demons or corrupted by some evil magical object or anything like that. They are just the cat-people of the game. Maybe it would be better for the leader to wear a mask, or some special hat (or something like that). That would be similar to what tribal chieftans do in the real world (when they wear anything special at all....)
Clonkinator
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'd say, if we add different dificulties, we should also allow there to be different spawn.txts for each module and difficulty grade. Just having stronger enemies is boring; having the treasures spread a bit differently and having more enemies isn't. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: