Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Gnome Starter Related talk
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Gnome Starter Related talk If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I really want to talk about the setting for the G'nome Starter. Where is Highspire? The word seems to be related too hemisphere...... I kinda imagined that place would look like an island in the shape of a semi-sphere and the only way to get there was by air ship.

An for another side talk, how does The Steamer fly? And I mean where could the engines and stuff be located and stuff? Or just the structure of the overall ship? Use your imagination. I know it does not exist.

Preview
Story: Shredded
Chapters planned: None
Scapped
Motivation: 0%
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Highspire is actually located high up in the misty mountains in the northern part of the island.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think they actually took off from the Rogue prison, it's some sort of sequel.
Total code bug fixes: 3
Total game bug fixes (This season): 1
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
Highspire is actually located high up in the misty mountains in the northern part of the island.

In the cold region or G'nome Lands?

Preview
Scapped
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

G'nome Lands. I think it is very hard accessible (Therefore the Air ships),

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I see... So Highspire is thier home land right? (where the city is isolated from other life?)

Also, about the Sky Pirates... I'm assuming Lumpkins have airships too, amirite? It seem like they steal and exploit any Gnomish tech they can get their hands on.

Preview
Scapped
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Nope, lumpkins don't have airships, but they can steal them! Laughing
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

denis3 wrote:
Nope, lumpkins don't have airships, but they can steal them! Laughing

That's where I'm going at. I'm just talking about the starter. The lumpkins were Air-Pirates that was on board another Steamer?

Preview
Scapped
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well for example, I put in my book that the airship rolled down a rope-ladder so that the elf could get in, because they thought he was a lumpkin, first because they've never seen elves before, and second, because gnomes lack common sense (obviously because if you have seen a lumpkin, the elf doesn't look like them at all) lol so then they forgot to pull the rope ladder in again and twelve lumpkins climed in. They had to hide inside the engine chamber to come out and take control over the ship again.
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Lol. The storyboard for the my comic's story arc is a bit different. The ship was raided by air pirates and most of the G'nomish crew(most professional shipwrights, navigator and driver) jumped ship and ended up in separate locations leaving behind right hand man Waddle and captain Whitebeard to fend off the attack. It wasn't enough seeing as both of them could not drive or tell where the hack the ship was going. In result, they crashed.

Later on the crew in reunited(they were found by the main cast (during their split up) and repairs the Steamer.

Preview
Scapped
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Damn... I did not get that question answered about whether Highspire was the the location of the Gnome city or inhabitance..... (yeah, it's kinda important to me.... I think)

Preview
Scapped
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That would be pretty cool, to have these floating "islands".

Very mario/sonic.

Also, it would explain the anti-grav tech of the HobGoblins.
xenom
Tranch
Tranch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maybe Lumpkins / sky pirates ride on flying creatures (dragons?) to get onto the airship. Another idea: They use something like small gliders (which they stole from the G'nome), one for every person.

The tech itself could be based on a magic crystal (with the force of the water & air elements) as an energy supply. The energy gets converted into steam and the steam powers turbines underneath the ship.
The crystal / engine is located in the ship body, together with store rooms, ...
Like in "the vision of Escaflowne" or something Very Happy
Textures: 0%
Objects: 0%
Maps: 5% (some concepts are done)
["Working on: Module linking / story"]
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think it would be better for the Lumpkins to show even less intelligence.

There happens to be a kind of floating plant called "skyweed", they just grab some of this and put grappling hooks into it. When the G'Nome ship goes through the skyweed, it gets hooked and pulls the Lumpkins along something like the people who try to hold down the giant floating balloons in parades. Then the Lumpkins just climb the ropes.

That's why it says that the G'Nomes don't have too much sense. They keep going through the skyweed even though they know the Lumpkins set their traps there...
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

bgbirdsey wrote:
I think it would be better for the Lumpkins to show even less intelligence.

There happens to be a kind of floating plant called "skyweed", they just grab some of this and put grappling hooks into it. When the G'Nome ship goes through the skyweed, it gets hooked and pulls the Lumpkins along something like the people who try to hold down the giant floating balloons in parades. Then the Lumpkins just climb the ropes.

That's why it says that the G'Nomes don't have too much sense. They keep going through the skyweed even though they know the Lumpkins set their traps there...

That's an AWESOME idea!!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: