Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Lord Bishop
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Lord Bishop If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

So one day, I got to thinking.
Nothing much has really been decided about Lord Bishop.
I assumed the image was of the stereotypical fantasy king figure: Slightly overweight with a thick beard, always very jolly, ruling his kingdom well despite being slightly dim-witted at times.

But I started thinking of a different image of the king. And I drew this picture. Then I started thinking even more about it, and came up with something interesting, I think.
But before I get ahead of myself, here's the king:

Quote:

I didn't bother cropping this, so you can see the wire on my notebook and a large black space where it didn't fill up the scanner. Meh.
Center-left: Lord Bishop. The only picture relevant to the current discussion.
Center-right: Messed up drawing the Hobgoblin's face, and I drew too deeply for it to be fully erased. Totally irrelevant.
Bottom-left: The Hobgoblin.
Bottom-right: The Vampyre
Bottom-center: The faces of the Hobgoblin and Vampyre.
Top-center: I realized an odd resemblance in the previously mentioned pictures to the classical image of the two theatrical masks. So I decided to draw this and see what it looked like. Smile

So then, after studying various English monarchs in school, my picture of the king sharpened a lot.
I was particularly impressed by how, at several points in history, there were kings everyone hated. Yet somehow, they managed to have large groups of people supporting them in civil wars. Some out of fear, maybe. But the rest out of loyalty. And I thought that was really cool.

Of course, Lord Bishop shouldn't be a king like that.
He runs his kingdom very well, but not necessarily in the kindest possible way. He's shrewd and efficient. Some people love him. And some hate him. But all respect him. Because he's their king.

So their reasons for saving him might be something like this:
Quote:
Soldier: "Being loyal to the crown, I will do everything in my power to save the king!"
Paladin: "Honor! And all other reasoning is meaningless."
Healer: "I live to help those in need. And look, it's Lord Bishop, for Aaron's sake!"
Wizard: "I'm not sure I have a right to be calling anyone a crazy old guy, but I'd better get that crazy old guy out of trouble. He runs this place, after all."
Adventurer: "I don't care if he is an idiot. He's my king, and I want him back."
Rogue: "Revenge!"
Elf: "A king holds a nation together. He must be rescued at all costs. Also, baseball kirby."
G'nome: "Well, o'course we gotta save 'im! What else do ya' do, just leave 'im to rot?!"
Zombi: "... ... ...Braaaaaaiiiinnnsss."
Archaeologist: "Umm, seriously. Where did I even come from? Ah, whatever. Cool adventures? Cool loot? I'm in."
Hobgoblin: "Any excuse to be rebellious and destroy things is a good excuse!"
Vampyre: "Blood. And treasure."
Angel: "I live to protect and will not allow the king to die."
(I could go on, but decided to stick with the ones in game and the "unfinished" ones)

Anyway, that's my idea. Take it or leave it.
But I still really like the picture; I'm working on a colored version to decorate my banner.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Don't forget:
Code:
Inventor: "Well, I came to this time and place to do good...Might as well save him. Besides, a land without its king, being taken over by darkness..." *shudder*

But the king shouldn't be so stereotypical. This needs a little more thought.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I LIKE IT. Let's make Lord Bishop. I think he should be bigger than a normal human. Like... 3 meters tall... Because... He IS a KING, after all...
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Shocked 0_o

No. That's just too weird. Maybe he could have a staff, though. A really nice one.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Staff... Like, some wand?
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Nah, like an oversized cane. Like karate-style staffs.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I was always going to make Lord Bishop.
A playable version, too ("Monarch" class). I think I was told not too at some point, but I don't remember why.
The playable version, though, is just going to be for my own enjoyment.
He should be tall, though, yes, but NOT three meters.
I was figuring, base it off the Rogue model, make the hat into a crown, and make him skinnier and taller.
And he should use knives.
"Finale" should be his own special favored weapon that you can somehow obtain from him!
Or, ooh, swordcane.

Anyhow, back to the point; how is what I said stereotypical?!
Besides when I was stating stereotypes.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

So he is bald now Razz No white fluffy hair?

Good thinking btw. We need to get the king finished soon, as the Abyss 2 is going to be finished not too far in the future. He also needs a new model, to get his crown on the head. (See penguin in dev package)

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ooh, white fluffy hair. Forgot to mention that when talking about the "stereotypical king."
Doesn't he look like the baddest* king ever, though?

*as in hip, sweet, snazzy, awesome, tough, and cool. Not as in evil.

But anyway, I'll do the skin. Can't do the model though.
I'll also make the Finale for him. It was originally going to be shaped like some kind of musical symbol (the deadliest I could think up was a bass clef), but I couldn't find any models to base it off.
Instead, I'll just make it a fancy knife decorated with musical symbols.
So maybe he gives it to you if you beat the Dracolich fast enough or something?

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Good idea. Maybe it would be as simple as to copy&paste the crown from the penguin into the king?

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
Good idea. Maybe it would be as simple as to copy&paste the crown from the penguin into the king?

Well, like Woodmouse and I both said, he should be taller and skinnier, but yeah.
Except Golem doesn't let you copy and paste between files. Sad

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Use Quake Modeller.

Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Copy it with Quake 2 modeller, It's pain, but it's possible.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I used to have that. I think I kinda liked it. But there was some problem or something that made me move to Golem; hmm... I think it had to do with textures.
Oohh, that would be another problem. I have no idea how to texture stuff (like how to define which faces go with what part of the image).
I think someone else is gonna have to do it. The model, I mean. I can still draw the texture.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle wrote:
(like how to define which faces go with what part of the image).

I just recently found out myself.
When you add new vertexes to the model, press F2 and a window will pop up, you need to move the vertexes to where you want them to be...
Eh, you'll see it for yourself once you do it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: