Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Inventor Starter Information

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Inventor Starter Information If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maxaxle wrote:

...to simplify things a ton, I'll just put this as the Inventor Starter description:

Code:
After using a time machine in G'nomish ruins in the present day, you end up in a small abandoned hut, which seems to have been raided by what your history teacher calls "Lumpies", blue catlike things that can use G'nomish technology. It's probably a good idea to rescue whoever lived in that hut, and an even better idea to grab some supplies...You grab a gonne, a claw that a Lumpkin must have dropped, and a strange object that looks like a key, as there is a contraption with a seat outside the smashed window...

...Or maybe I can shorten it further...
[img]Thanks to a strange machine that seems to have been a time machine, you are in a small, raided hut. Looks like the work of Lumpkins...Might as well rescue whoever was kidnapped. You grab a gonne, a dead Lumpkin's claw, and the unusual keys to a vehicle outside...[/img]
And forget Tinkerer or Techie. I will just make a book of some sort that can make you gain the arcane magic skill. And it's only readable by Inventors because it's written in lemon juice (hold it up to a candle to read it).
(Ohh, man, I should put this somewhere else...)

That should simplify things. A lot.
EDIT: Things are coming along fine, but Egomap often inserts spawn points, doesn't show objects after I put in a lot of objects, and crashes when I right-click spawn points....Work will continue very soon, because it's 10:58 Shocked .
EDIT 2: What will unlock the Inventor Starter:
Maxaxle wrote:

Hmm. On second thought, maybe it should be something hidden in Highspire (G'nomish city). An unfinished time machine. You take a box of stuff next to it and bump the time machine, completing it, and suddenly it sputters to life. The Inventor (level 1, unarmed, wearing a t-shirt and jeans) poofs behind you, and when you bump him, he says, "What year is this? Where am I? Are you a G'nome??? Well, whatever the case, I have to get going! Bye!" and run off. He would talk to the police G'nome and then go to the city entrance, disappearing at the end of the map. If you bump him while he's running, he'll say, "Can't talk now!" and keep running. If you bump the police G'nome, the police G'nome will say, "He was just asking about someone who went missing recently."

FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.

Last edited by Maxaxle on Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

1. Read the tutorial for EgoMap
2. Read the bottom of Readme.txt located in EgoMap folder to see some known bugs.
3. A bug that is not listed there is the import object bug. Two things you have to remember:
A. When importing/adding a new object into the module, you may have to save&load the module to make them appear.
B. After adding a new object into the module, save&load before editing or moving that object. If not, EgoMap will spawn starting points.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks! Very Happy But why is it so buggy? Confused
EDIT: I forgot to mention, whenever I play it, it says "Press space to respawn". Also, I'm trying to figure out how a rescue mission would work; a G'nome would be guarded by a bunch of Lumpkins, and when they are all dead, THEN the G'nome would attack Lumpkins.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Because EgoMap is in alpha stage.

Sounds like you do not have a proper starting point.

All AI and such is done through Scripting. Which is a must if one wants to make an unique module. (With not only stuff copied from others).

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
Because EgoMap is in alpha stage.

And probably stay there.

penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

TYPO ALERT!
And yes, it probably will stay there a while.
An Egoboo minideveloper
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Aww, crud...Well, can someone map it? Or will there be a new mapping program soon?
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Bgbirdsey said he got rid of crystalspace for Egomap2.
Maybe that will fix it...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: