Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Ingame weapon/armor realism

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Ingame weapon/armor realism If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think that all of the ranged weapons, save the Ninjastars, are unrealistic in the way that they have insanely fast reloading. Especially the Gonnes. I think that the Bows should have 2-second reload times, the Crossbows 5- or 6-second reload times, and the Gonnes 10-second reload times. Also, the melee weapons should be a little slower depending on certain stats, specifically strength (except for the thrusting weapons that aren't very heavy), and that the weapon weight should decide the weapon animation speed, and that dexterity should have nothing to do with it unless it's a weapon that requires dexterity. As for armors, they should completely block less damaging attacks if they have enough defense against certain attacks. For example, Soldier armors should mostly block melee attacks but be weaker against ranged attacks, depending on the armor they're wearing. On top of all of this, coins and objects should fall down slopes. There's just too much frustration in jumping up slopes for individual objects.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
Clonkinator
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

10 seconds reloading time? And how the hell are you supposed to fight anything like that!? I agree that gonnes - just gonnes, nothing else - should have longer reloading times, but no way 10 seconds.
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Clonkinator wrote:
10 seconds reloading time? And how the hell are you supposed to fight anything like that!? I agree that gonnes - just gonnes, nothing else - should have longer reloading times, but no way 10 seconds.

Qft.
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Egoboo is a kind of arcade style game. Fast reload times is part of the arcade experience...

Then again, so is a power bar. That would be interesting. A power bar that increased and allowed a class specific skill when it is maxed?
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

...power bar? Question
@Clonk: I just meant that Gonnes were overly powerful (and strangely, at any range). Also, the Pistol fires just like a regular Gonne...
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Speaking of weapon reload times...Give K'nife two pistols... He's deadly. No reloading... Just shot, shot shot and shot... And of course [TECH] skill. And I think gonnes should have a little longer reload time, yes.
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Okay, it sounds like a good idea. I already did this with the Hatchet and the Scythe. (Dexterity increases attack speed and strength increases damage).

Its a simple matter of adding a small part in the script:

Code:

//Set the reload/attack speed
IfUsed
  SetTargetToWhoeverIsHolding
  tmpargument = 100 - targetdex < 7
  SetReloadTime

The code above makes a 2 second delay between each attack. Every point of dex increases attack speed by 0.04 seconds. This means at 25 dex you double your base attack speed. At 50 dex you ignore all attack delay!

Any suggestions on what attack speeds should be for weapons?

Longbows faster than Xbows.
Pistols faster than gonne.
I think many large melee weapons need to be tuned down a bit (sword!)

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Spears should be slower, and have their reload decrease based on strength (since they're pole arms).
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, spears slower.
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Seconded.
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

@Everyone: I think that weapon speed should be a mix of 60-90% Strength and 10-40% Dexterity, while the weapon damage should be 40-70% Strength and 60-30 Dexterity (it takes precision to nail an opponent in a weak spot in the heat of battle!).
@Zefz: Sounds reasonable. Pretty good, actually! But what about Revolvers? Should those take very little time between shots (0.2 to 0.5 seconds) and forever to reload (5-10 seconds)?
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Revolver could be short reload time, but after every 6 shots there is a long reload time.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:43 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's what I meant, but how long should it take to reload gonnes/pistols? Gonnes should take longer, though, I think.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: