Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
I'm back, with good news about a big gift for Egoboo!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: I'm back, with good news about a big gift for Egoboo! If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I'm Denis the Egoboo Developer and I am actually back I think, although I might not dedicate lots of time on Egoboo but I might be a good help.

Anyways, the big gift for Egoboo (especially for the Egoboo fans) is a free copy of a book that I am writing (that is actually derived from the Egoboo storyline with the spirit of adventure, but might include some differences because I am worried about ripping off stuff from other books or violating copyrights.)

It is not the little-old story on the old forums, it's actually a massive work of 3 years that currently contains 80 pages and 30,200 words (minimun size of a thesis) written in A4 paper, normal spacing and font size 12.

12 chapters of it are finished (made of 2-6 pages each) and I reformated the dialog style completely and I even added more emotions and metaphors to it, for those who have spolied themselves reading the old one (don't worry, you still got 95% of it to discover!)

I am looking to publish it, and the most realistic result of it is that it gets published in some book stores in my area and maybe it could appear on a local news paper, but the most unrealistic (but possible) result of it is that it gets famous world wide, or at least heard of. I have lots of faith on the book and I won't give it up.

Anyways, just put me your e-mail and I'll send you a copy of the chapters that you want. It comes with Foreword, Map Description and Prologue as 3 extra chapters, and these are important parts of narration before you start reading the main chapters. This is completely free for only one reason; I need some feedback. If you just give me your feedback of what you honestly think of the book, I will highly appreciate it.

Oh, and I think this really does have to do with Egoboo, I don't think it should really go to the Off-Topic section, because a story-line is perhaps 10% of the game's priorities.

Thank you!

Denis Jaimes
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wow! Thanks! Umm, what else....? Oh, yeah! Just check out my profile and sign me up! Mr. Green
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm writing a novel too.
It'll never be finished. Ever.

...Still, I am writing one.

Anyway, here's your welcome-back-cookie!
Cookie!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks Purple.

By the way, I am sending you the book, Max. Just for all of you, don't forget to put your e-mail on the list if you are interested. Thank you!
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, you can send it to me, too, although I dunno if I'll ever find time to read it...

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

DBAce9Aura
Grub Bug
Grub Bug

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Denis3?! I was wondering where you were all this time. So, what happened to that "expansion pack" thing you making. Let me guess, "not enough dedicated people". Lately, i've been busy with my own stuff, so I've officially run out of ways to support this project (NOT JOKING).
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh, DBAce9Aura, you need a welcome-back-cookie too.
Cookie!

I've always wondered, what does that even mean, DBAce9Aura? How does one pronounce that? Dee-bee-ace-nine-aura? Or dbaysninaura? Mr. Green

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Alright Purple, the book is on the way, just take your time if you can...

So, DBace9Aura, we meet again. The egoboo expansion project actually collapsed, and it was because I left the team temporarily, although I don't know if I really consider myself part of the development group, all what I am doing is a storyline for Egoboo, set in a book that I will publish.
-Daedalus-
Tranch
Tranch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Eh, youre not that guy who made those strange flashmovies on youtube?
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:15 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It's him. I was about to give him some ideas for his cartoons with some illustrations but I got sidetracked with many personal projects.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Send me the book, Denis. Would you? Have you still got it? Smile
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

denis3 wrote:
So, DBace9Aura, we meet again.

I'm not sure why I didn't the first time I read it, but I now find that hilarious.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

denis3 wrote:
So, DBace9Aura, we meet again.

It sounds like something out of an Ian Flemming novel:

So, Mr. Bond, we meet again...

You won't catch me so easily this time, Dr. No!
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Actually, it reminds me of this Far Side cartoon.
Where there's this duck, and he's all "So, Dr. <weird name>, we meet again. But this time, the advantage is mine!" (Because they're on a deserted island or something.)

Ah, Gary Larson... You're so ludicrously hilarious.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:26 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Confused
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: