Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
How can I make passages and other?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

They just disappear... They won't turn into Ghuuls... And now I replaced the Ghouls in there with Ghuuls and tried to make them turn Ghasts, but no... They disappear... Why? The script part looks like this:
Code:
IfKilled
  GoPoof
  SpawnGhast
  tmpargument = 101

Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

SpawnGhast is not a function. See this list to see all Script functions: http://egoboo.informe.com/forum/egoscript-functions-dt56.html

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

So how can I make it respawn as a Ghast?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Use this function:

Code:
SpawnExactCharacterXYZ
// This function spawns a character at a specific location, using a
// specific model type... DON'T USE THIS FOR EXPORTABLE ITEMS OR CHARACTERS,
// AS THE MODEL SLOTS MAY VARY FROM MODULE TO MODULE...
tmpargument = 10 // The specific model slot
tmpx = selfx // X position of the new character
tmpy = selfy // Y position of the new character
tmpdistance = selfz + 200 // Altitude of the new character
tmpturn = selfturn // facing of the new character
SpawnExactCharacterXYZ

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Shocked I can't understand anything... Embarassed
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Code:

IfKilled
  tmpx = selfx
  tmpy = selfy                    //Where to spawn it
  tmpdistance = selfz          //How high
  tmpturn = selfturn            //Which way
  tmpargument = ??            //Object slot of your Ghast
  SpawnExactCharacterXYZ  //This spawns it

GoPoof

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Do I have to use passage.txt for trigger tiles? I would want to put them in the secret Catacombs, but, if there is needed to use passage, I don't, because I'm not good making passages...
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes, they use a passage to detect nearby enemies.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Noooooo... Mad one of my worst nightmares has came true... Crying or Very sad
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Passages aren't really that hard. I didn't like them in the beginning either, but once you learn the mechanics, it's really easy.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, there is not that big need for them in a catacomb level, or is there...?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Doors? Puzzles? Trigger tiles? Traps?

Mostly for doors.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I LOST THE WHOLE MODULE. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Well, I started just editing starter modules to "reverse". I am now halfly working in "Vizard starter". Just Wizard starter but Wizard is Vizard instead, evil Wizard. And the Lich boss is now normal Wizard. And the mephits are... What should they be? Now at this moment they are Butchers, but that doesn't fit goodly... Say I shouldn't make them, but I still make them for my own fun. Laughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Help All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: