Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Hobgoblin... again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Not just that, I mean you wanted me to do other things, right? (other models) BTW, what do you mean by utility belt? A belt with tools? That's a bit hard I think, because you would have to add more vertices to an already finished model, that always screws it up in the game and you end up with some sort of extremely long pointy metal thing attached to the model.
Total code bug fixes: 3
Total game bug fixes (This season): 1
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh, well, if you can't add more verteces to it, then just forget it; instead you can turn the hood into a backpack.... Or just remove it, because the goblin doesn't really need a hood.

Anyway, Yeah, there are a ton of other models that could be done, they're all in a list I put in the suggestions forum.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

http://egoboo.taxiwin.com/files/hobgoblin.zip

There ya go!
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Cool. On some of the animations his face moves a lot though....

EDIT: Just looked at it in-game and the motion isn't all that bad. HOWEVER, it does really mess up the grips or something; everything he holds looks super distorted and/or isn't in his hand.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:08 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yep. Grips are always terrible difficult to do. That's why we pray for Golem to have Egoboo style grips implemented.

Grips need to be in a perfect symmetrical combination thingy in a balance. Or it gets screwed up.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yeah, I see it now; some of the grips got moved to just below his ears... Or, that's probably where they always were, but they got moved with the ears.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:12 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oh my god GOD GOD yeah I noticed it. GOD GOD GOD GOOOD!!! I was like what are these little dots? ZOMGZ0RZ THEY WERE THE ... GRIPS!!!!! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well I feel much better now. Perhaps tomorrow I might do it all over again... Because if you move the grip a little bit, you **** it up Confused I don't know why. So moving the grips back is not worth it.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

OK, well, if you're really up to doing it again, can you prettypretty please make the head a *tiny* bit more differently shaped (not too much, but just some), more towards (but not all the way) the "evil bunny" shape? The ears were perfect, though.
Also, turning the hood into a weird backpack would be nice, but really, changing the model at all is good enough for me. Thanks!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:34 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Denis, what editor are you using?
denis3
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Quake 2 but the thing is, I moved the grips! It's my fault, not the program's!! Evil or Very Mad
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

GAR! it is so frustrating that the Q2 modeler never got around to adding BONES! It is right there in the menu...
Mycorf
Ghoul
Ghoul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

WOW ! The wings are great !
(here is a little icon)
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Oooh, icon, thanks!

I did new sounds:
http://www.freewebs.com/purplesquerkle/Goblinsounds_new.zip

Bad quality, but I think they fit his overall personality better. You'll also notice there's a few extra ones in there; for items I guess.
Someone fix? Please?

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:28 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ah, I did the best I could. With a little magic tinkering it's a lot better, but not perfect. Haven't tested them ingame yet....

http://www.mediafire.com/?5yzmgdxxyyy

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: