Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Egoboo 2.6.4 (Stable) Released!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ooh. Hard starter. Cooool.
Can't wait to try it out (it should be pretty soon; I'm making a lot of progress)!

...The Zombi starter has potential to be pretty hard, too, actually.
Sometimes I'll whip through it really quickly, but other times it'll be pretty tough.
I'm not sure what it depends on, really.
There are a lot of unusual factors involved, you know... when the bodies get animated, how often it happens, how much the enemies attack the Necromancer....

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Indeed, that's what I noticed too. If the necromancer manages to make enough zombi for a small army, they will kill enemies faster. This means more bodies to animate and a even bigger army, which can kill even more enemies faster! (and so on).

Sometimes the zombies get stupid too, get stuck in some rooms and such, reducing the zombi army size. This should not be a problem with the new Astar find path algorithm. Unless we actually want zombi's to be stupid.

The Zombi starter needs some more work though, some more polishing and improvements.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
hiroy
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Jungle Warriors are manageable, if you have ammo but more ammo boxes would be nice. The leader is either a pushover or a problem depending if it binds you.

The hardest thing in the starter is those goddamned snakes(on the mufu**in plane XD). Isn't Daze a bit to cruel for a starter? Constantly seeing snakes makes the thing quite repetitive. Changing it to Grog would be better since it can happen unexpectedly, and it's more easier to manage at the same time.

The swamp has some nice scenery. It needs insects(small flying ones, like dragonflies). The Background music... well.... I don't think it needs actual music. What you can do have the sound effects of a deep jungle.

Anyways, I have to try finishing the module. I gave up way too many times.

Preview
Story: Shredded
Chapters planned: None
Scapped
Motivation: 0%
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The website has been updated; time to check out the new release!

Here are all the major changes I can think of right now:

-The buttons have been rearranged so that they are in the same places on every page
-The news has been updated, announcing the new release
-The latest release has been added to (well, duh) the "latest release" page
-The banner has been cleaned (it now has fuzzy edges), and it makes the entire website look much nicer
-Various typos / spelling errors have been removed, and some text was revised for clarity / better grammar
-The, ah... erm.... A certain page has been updated; it looks cooler and features a neat new trick I learned. I plan on learning and applying many "new tricks" in the future. I just now read up on a script that is very, very cool. It will be used in a later update....

I did not, however, do any of this, yet:

-Adding alternate text for the button images
-Uploading / updating the screenshots
-Adding a screenshot gallery

...So you can expect more updates in the near future.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Sweet.
Also, I agree with Hiroy.
But I take the Jungle Warriors out by exhausting their spear stock then getting so close they can't hit you. A good few shovel hits after that an' they're gone.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

OK, I've now played (yes, and beaten) the Archaeologist starter.
I died a lot, but at the same time I think its difficulty only needs to be decreased slightly.
The Jungle Warriors just require a new kind of strategy, and now that I have that down, I could probably beat it without dying as much next time.

However, I would suggest two minor changes to tone down the difficulty a bit:

-Decrease the Jungle Warriors' health by 20-30%. They're pretty hard to hit, so it should only take two or three hits to take them down. Right now it could take as many as six (depending on what weapon you're using).
-Replace most of the oil flasks with ammunition. You don't need light in this module anyway.

Also, a few other things, not related to difficulty:

-Change the music at the end. Yes, it's funny... but we don't want to get sued. Razz It's not like that's likely to happen, but regardless, it seems rather "unprofessional."
-The musketoon's skin is really weird; it looks all torn apart. Is that on purpose? I doubt it; I remember seeing something similar as the result of some kind of sheen or transparency bug a long time ago. Also, the item could be increased in size....
Theoretically, though, it could be replaced with a revolver once we actually have one of those.
-The module needs a new icon. I don't like that one much, sorry.... It also doesn't fit the other icons very well.

...Ugh, I was such an idiot at the end; I totally forgot about the weight-triggered trap. I was too busy being surprised and annoyed at myself that I didn't run, either (although I'm not sure I would have been able to escape anyway).
So is it really possible to avoid it coming entirely? If you replace it with something else, you're fine?
So cool...!

Oh, and I must once again emphasize that in later releases the Archaeologist should be unlockable. He's just way too cool, and so is his starter!
(Good job again, Zefz!)

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Thanks!

I already planned decreasing hp of Jungle Warriors.
Replacing the idol with a different item will indeed not activate the trap.
Musketoon looks normal on my pc.
The module is quite dark on my pc too, I like using the lamp, although I could add some more ammo in addition. (Or more chests).

Lastly, let them sew us... ehm, who would they sew anyway? Open source?

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle There is a linux version now...
It seems to be on sourceforge only.

Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes, I just uploaded it. I need to update those links.

penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I am going to test it for invisible characters soon.
Such fun..
An Egoboo minideveloper
penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz, you seem to have misplaced setup.txt in the Linux data files.
Oh, and another thing, can you check for the SDL event SDL_Quit?

penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Right now I am doing the pladlin start, and I am trying to get most likely
a key from a gelfeet...
I wonder why (development versions?) 2.7.5. works for me without invisible and stable versions don't.
If someone knew....
I wish..
And I've never gone this far in pladlin....
(I am doing that one because I clicked load saved, and the nothing was there
"select module" took me there)
So much fun for me....
Sad
Edit: I have an idea!
Save game?
An Egoboo minideveloper
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Are you having problems with SDL or something?

I'm a bit busy right now trying to get a database and a new phpbb forum up on sourceforge. I'm sick of the slow informe fallouts and lags. (May mean we have to move people!)

penguinflyer5234
Penguin King

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It has something to do with the textures and being to the power of 2 or something like that...
What will we do for the wiki?

penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

If we move will everything still be here?
I mean, the topics and such?
An Egoboo minideveloper
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: