Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Dreams about Egoboo
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Dreams about Egoboo If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I had a dream last night, about Egoboo. The first part was about Egoboo modules being an exact replica of Nethack dungeon levels. The second was a racing module. Here's how it went:
4 vehicles. 1 wall in front of each, which disappear after about 10 seconds after all of the players are in the vehicles. The cars automatically go forwards when sat in. And they go insanely fast. There are many death-pits in this straight track. No respawning. No export. The track will either be purple or white, and it will be about 4 bumper car widths wide. Around the track is a giant death pit.
This next part I made up just now, thinking about it:

There are also a bunch of arrows that will either speed you up or slow you down, depending on what color they are. The walls mentioned earlier will give messages about how many seconds are left, and say something like "Get_back_in_your_car,_%n,_so_we_can_start_the_race!". First one to the finish line wins. Oh, and you can use your weapons. Many weapons will be directly behind you at the starting line.At the finish line, there is a short, wide platform that you can jump on. That platform will have a bunch of fun stuff, and will be so wide that it will touch the edges of the module. At the finish line, there will be a bunch of objects. These objects will unlock the training module, or else modules that are just for fun.

On a sidenote, I think there should be a bunch (3-6?) of Training Modules that increase your player's stats without levelling up. For example, a Barracks module where you will be led through a small section of Bishopia and do a lot of training with a bunch of Soldiers. This module will be designed FOR Soldiers, and will be unlocked by completing the Soldier Starter, but is for all classes. Also, there will be a Range, where you can:
-Kill very low-level monsters that give you no XP for killing them OR
-Shoot a bunch of pulley-driven targets driven by a G'nome on what looks like an exercising bike (a seat on a bike frame with only one wheel that the pedals are connected to, which stays stationary but shakes a little when the G'nome uses it), and you talk to him to make him operate the targets, commenting on your target shots as he goes. He will only operate them for around 30 seconds, though, and will say something like, "Where are you going?" if you leave.
-Buy ammo by bumping stands with people behind them. There will be a Quiver stand, a Ninjastar stand, an Ammo stand, a Bomb stand, and even a Mana stand.
-Talk with other archers that are either resting or taking shots, and maybe even someone who will tell you tips/secrets about general combat or whatever he is good at.
-Buy things you can't get anywhere else (silver arrows, silver ninjastars, silver ammo, poisoned arrows, poisoned ninjastars, poisoned ammo (wtf), etc.)
-Get attacked by everyone and a lot of Soldiers/Bishopia Guards when you attack or kill anyone!!!
-Uhm...........
Keep in mind that you will normally have to bring your own weapons (unless one of the guys who are resting are actually out of money and ammo, and will let you buy his empty weapons at discount price, all at one time for one payment of 250-500 Currency, which includes a bow, a crossbow, a hand crossbow, a poisoned hand crossbow, ninjastars, and maybe even something that you can't get anywhere else, such as a Modified (extra-powerful, very very accurate, and makes a loud sound when fired) Crossbow that is held differently than a normal Crossbow and requires both hands.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:11 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Wow, you have really detailed dreams! Shocked
I mean, I do, too, sometimes, but they never make sense.

Come to think of it, I haven't had any dreams in quite some times. Particularly not long ones.
Yes, yes, I know. It's just that I don't remember them, and I always have dreams; I've heard it all before.

Anyway, great ideas!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 7:52 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Awesome ideas. Especially the barracks and the archery.
But there should be a limit to how many times you can visit them, like, 3 times and only if your level is low enough.

I think that once the main storyline modules are complete, we should all focus on fun modules, and extra modules, like miscellaneous dungeons, mini games, stuff like that.
Because Egoboo is a really short game, It's been developed for so long, but you can finish all the modules in a matter of days (Or a single day, if you know what to do.)
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

If you know what to do Razz Those are the magic words.

Half of the game is also discovering, uncovering and solving stuff.

Next release will have two extra modules too. should add a little playtime, even for pro players. And unlocking those modules isn't automatic either.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I had a dream about Egoboo last night. It was... weird. In the dream I selected a module named something like: "Death Horror" or something... And character class was... Weird. It looked like Adventurer expect it was bigger and it had horns. It was red clothed and had sunglasses. I don't remember so goodly, but anyway, the starting room was big round room filled with lava. There were some rocks that were walkable. There flied Frights. And when I continued, there was second room. It was completely dark. I pulled Smite from inventory and seen a bloody upper half of a human head. And I continued walking in the room and seen other human body parts. Then I came to a locked door. It had many locks in it and it was silver and shiny. I pulled key from inventory and it had many "ammos" and the door opened. I remember the sound; it was "bigdoor" sound in DEV package. I continued walking and seen bones and human and monster parts all over the room. And a lot of blood. In the middle of the room was a big three headed dog that barked and attacked. It poisoned and dazed me. And I took silver crossbow from inventory and shot it. It died when I shot it many times. I woke up. It was strange, cool, creepy dream. It would be great module, I think.
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

woodmouse wrote:
Stuff...

That does sound like a cool module.
You should try making it.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

How can I make round rooms? I think it's impossible, though. The character class, whatever it was, the Cerberus... And door. I'm not good making passages. And I don't know how to make hurting "water"... Crying or Very sad But it would be cool if someone who does know how to make those things would make it...
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'd like to try that sometime in the future, if you don't mind.
And I'm pretty sure making round rooms is possible by moving the wall vertexes, it just takes a lot of time.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Go ahead. What is wall vertex? I mean, I know vertex and wall, but... I thought... kinda... it's a model thing? I'm not sure, though. Confused
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:21 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You can change the tile vertexes in egomap, sort of like you do with models. You need to click the button that looks like three shapes (It's the fourth one, I think) and select a tile, you can then move the vertexes around.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 1:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ooooh... Haven't tried, but that's great! Very Happy Wow... oooh... Oh, by the way, I am making a new Elf skin... Laughing Because penguinflyer666 didn't like those I made... So I make new one. What do you like about them? They're in "Alternate skins" topic. And I think in the dream the Frights were red, if I remember rightly...
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Well, I think they're cool.
But we don't need to change the "official" Elf skins, as they're all fine.

Anyway, we should also make lots of multiplayer modules, especially when we can do networked play!

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

True. When is network play going to be added? Does anyone know?
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

When it is done. It still needs a lot of work, but bgbirdsey has done some advances on it.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Smile Good to hear.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: