Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Combining classes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Combining classes If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I were thinking that there should be classes that are combinations of classes. Like Wizard and Elf -> Elf Wizard (better name?) Or Healer and Adventurer -> Holy Adventurer (better name?) And like that. What do you think about it?
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

No, I don't think we should have those, it ruins the uniqueness of every class.
I think that what we should focus on the most (class-wise) is making brand new classes with their very own abilities.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Alright, no combining classes. But I had this idea from Paladin. It is a combination of Soldier and Healer, ya know...
Teacher\'s Words
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes. And I never really liked him. Laughing
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Me neither, but just think of this: Combination of Soldier and Wizard. Paladin II... Laughing
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

My poor paladin Crying or Very sad

All alone and nobody likes him...

Anyways he was one of my older creations. And he is the only dark skinned now. So now as he is in the game, there is no reason to take him out of there again Razz But that doesn't mean we should make more hybrid classes.

... except that is what I am doing. The Archaeologist would be some kind of combination between gnome and rogue. But he would still have it's own unique Indiana Jones treasure hunter theme.

Take Zombor too for example, he is a soldier, with extra special powers (Fast attack speed, life steal, immune to kurses, immune to daze, grogs poison etc.). His drawback is that he cannot wear armour, he is dead and cannot be Healed by holy magic.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

So can I make combined classes?
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

No one said you can't.
You can make what you want, even if people disagree with you, Egoboo is open source, after all.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I know, but it just feels like a waste of time if I make something that nobody likes, but, I combine some classes...
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

As always, I think that the "classes" should all be skill based and you should be able to choose whatever skin you want...

This "class uniqueness" thing is very overblown.
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:02 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
My poor paladin Crying or Very sad

All alone and nobody likes him...

There, good Admin, you are mistaken Razz
For I am a large Paladin fan.
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:37 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Heh, my first character that I completed Egoboo with was also a paladin. But as bgbirdsey suggests, there are many ways of dealing with the class system. One likes a more free skill system while the other likes a class based system. I myself am pretty happy with the way it is now, even though there should be a way to add and gain new skills with level ups (adventurer should be able to learn jousting if he puts some sort of points in it).

All the classes will still need re-balancing anyways when the game is more or less finished (And when we get to see how they work together in teamplay).

If there was one more hybrid class that would be interesting to see, it would be the Mystic. An arcane and divine spell caster combined. But weak in almost everything else.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Sad Confused Surprised Smile Very Happy
The Lord of Ducks
The Lord of Ducks

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You have facial issues. Laughing

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

You siad that to me? Oh, that was a "face comic"... Very Happy Smile Surprised Confused Sad Crying or Very sad Embarassed Mad ><
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: