Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Class list
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

YEAH! I have always been wondering that message... It has irritated me SOOO much, when I was young and played G'nome starter, I always thought it can be gotten from somewhere in the module, and I was soooo angry when always the same message.
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:31 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Agent of Dread wrote:
PurpleSquerkle wrote:
Maybe something secret inside the G'nome starter....

Driver's License!! Razz

Hmm. On second thought, maybe it should be something hidden in Highspire (G'nomish city). An unfinished time machine. You take a box of stuff next to it and bump the time machine, completing it, and suddenly it sputters to life. The Inventor (level 1, unarmed, wearing a t-shirt and jeans) poofs behind you, and when you bump him, he says, "What year is this? Where am I? Are you a G'nome??? Well, whatever the case, I have to get going! Bye!" and run off. He would talk to the police G'nome and then go to the city entrance, disappearing at the end of the map. If you bump him while he's running, he'll say, "Can't talk now!" and keep running. If you bump the police G'nome, the police G'nome will say, "He was just asking about someone who went missing recently."
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:05 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

LOTS of scripting.
Enough said.
I like the idea though.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm... It's possible I think. And a lot of scripting. Lots of "IfBumped"s needed in there.
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

A few problems with the archaeologist:
1: His skin is set to number three.
2: The death messages aren't set up properly; the normal death message is the "mistake" one, it seems.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I will fix that purple. If I had proper internet here, I would release 2.6.4 today (we will have to wait a little while instead).

And yes I replaced the rogue with archy armor.

And I am doing Hero classes wether you like it or not Razz

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
And I am doing Hero classes wether you like it or not Razz

Metoo! I want to make them too! Adventurer hero class? Healer hero class? Soldier hero class? Zefz, say what I do!!! I made the divine hero class module, but I make it again soon, if you won't stop me.
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I won't stop anyone from making something they want to (which I have no right to do anyways). Just make what fancies you the most.

Gladiator or Knight for the Soldier for example
Gladiator - less armor but can use poison?
Knight - Special abillities when mounted? Gains [GOOD]

Paladin
Crusader - Bonus dmg vs undead?

The trick is to give them some sort of abillity that makes them a little unique. Their armor skins also has a lot to say. Remember that with the HeroClass system you can change models. I was thinking of adding a TargetBecomeHero function, which will properly convert all abillity scores (such as permanent life gain).

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm... Are some of the adventurer skins I made good for hero adventurer? I thought number 10 would be good for hero class, but I'm not sure. Maybe I make a class that uses that skin that is not hero... And Elf 4, I think. And I am making the Mystic and it's pretty good already, I think.
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I was gonna do Paladin and Soldier hero classes...
Paladin:
-Slayer (high strength and dexterity)
-Templar (better healing; high wisdom and intelligence)
-Cleric (better health and mana, but lower strength and dexterity)
Soldier:
-Berserker (insanely high attack)
-Samurai (high dexterity and good attack)
-Gladiator (better / more varied weapon proficiency)
...Agent of Dread wanted to do the Gladiator back when it was a core class, though. If that's still the case, you can do that one, AoD.

It would be nice if we could set it up so the data file had positive or negative numbers for the stats, and that would be the amount added to or taken away from the object before it was transformed.
Would that be possible?
This would make it a lot easier. Then you could have classes like the Cleric that would be available to Healers and Paladins. We would need slightly different objects; besides having a different gender and model, they'd also have different changes in stats. The Healer - Cleric branch would actually be about gaining MORE attack power, not LESS, as in the case of the Paladin; they would end up very similar. In other words, the Cleric is halfway between a Healer and a Paladin.
The same could be done with the Mystic, which (as Zefz mentioned once before) could branch from both the Adventurer and the Healer.
The Jester could actually be a Hero class as well, branching from the Rogue, Adventurer, or Pirate.
I'll take it off the list.
...Oh, and the Martial Artist could be a Hero class for the Rogue (and maybe the Adventurer too?). I took that off as well.

Also, I think that there should be some advantage to keeping with the core class.
I think the fourth armor (Spock/Rambo/etc.) should be improved. Then it can be put in some kind of special shop only accessible by level 5 or 6 characters or something.
Then if you have that armor, it adds some kind of tag, so you can't become a hero class.

There needs to be more incentive for not changing class besides keeping your old skill balance.

{Can someone split this? We need a topic devoted solely to hero classes, now that we know we're actually doing them.}

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmmm... I want to make... Hmm... Rogue-healer hero class!!! Smile I think that it would be GREEAAATTTT that there would be a mixture for every class as a hero class. So, Healer-rogue's name? Gender? Tell me what you think!
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

???
I don't think we need every combination. I think we should have more exclusive Heroes than Heroes that can be gotten by more than one class.
And the "Rogue-Healer" could be either male OR female, depending on which you were before, of course.
Rogue-Healer... hmm. Doesn't make a lot of sense; they're kind of opposites.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's my point. They are opposites, but I meant a combination of them. Like weaker attack power but divine magic ability for Rogue. And I am making a skin for Paladin hero class, some of them. (I know Purple made one, but I am making too)
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

So, new topic.
But I'll let Purple start it so he can edit stuff.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

woodmouse wrote:
That's my point. They are opposites, but I meant a combination of them. Like weaker attack power but divine magic ability for Rogue. And I am making a skin for Paladin hero class, some of them. (I know Purple made one, but I am making too)

Sad
Why not do one that's not already taken?

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: