Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Card Game
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Forum Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kenken07
King of Bishopia
King of Bishopia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Seems this is becoming one big party.. can I join?.. well.. uhmm.. may I suggest that

instead of having HP and MP on monster cards.. the player should be the one to have HP and

MP.. Players start w/ 21HP and 1MP.. The monster cards should have the atk or def.. there could be skill cards that could be

used for attacks and/or implements other effects.. field cards to help the player or hinder

their opponent.. equipment cards for monster cards and special cards..
monster cards, skill cards, field cards, equipment cards, special cards all costs mana..
each card has its own mana equivalent.. so players would need to choose if the cards would

be needed to be played as mana or be used in play..(of course cards used as mana is reusable as mana.. same as in MTG..)

all of which has their own affinity(basic dammaged types:"Also, there are (i think) 7 basic

damage typed in egoboo and 7 resistances (SLASH, CRUSH, POKE, HOLY, EVIL, FIRE, ICE, ZAP)

These should be the major way that damage is dealt in the game?" -from bgbirdsey) to

implement weakness and resistance.. boost dmg or def.. so on..

well.. this is my thought.. hope it helps..

Click
here to feed me a Rare
Candy!
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

The progressive points system would be OK. The major task then would be to assign point values to the cards.

I agree that giving the cards a lot of stats is not important. Even in Egoboo, stats do not mean too much.

I think the stats should be: Team (good evil, neutral,...), HP, MP, damage (a number and damage type), defense. There would be optional slots if the character especially vulnerable or immune to certain damage types.

I like the Yugi-Oh system where the creatures absorb the attack damage and you only receive the leftover damage after someone destroys one of your characters.

I think equipment cards are essential. Also, there MUST be some way to simulate dungeons/quests. Otherwise it's not really Egoboo!!!
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Area cards! And we could have boss cards that can only spawn when you have it's area in play!
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I don't think absorbing damage yourself is fair, but instead that there should be 2 ways to be attacked: 1) Be attacked directly, but your cards will attempt to defend you by default unless grogged, dazed, dead, asleep, etc. or 2) An explosive or projectile attack lands close enough to the player to hurt them UNLESS the player's cards defend them by, say, shooting the attacker before the attacker was in range.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:49 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ok. I think we need another topic.
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Yes. Will a mod do the honors?
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maxaxle wrote:
I don't think absorbing damage yourself is fair

The point would be that "you" are not an adventurer yourself. You don't have a character sheet or your own abilities. you are not on the playing field yourself. you do not have your own character.

You control the action as if it is a RTS game or something. In most of those, you have a base, and losing that base makes you lose the game. Same idea here.[/quote]
Axel
The Lord of Ducks
The Lord of Ducks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:56 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Woah, It seems alot like Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."
Kenken07
King of Bishopia
King of Bishopia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

bgbirdsey wrote:
The progressive points system would be OK. The major task then would be to assign point values to the cards.

I agree that giving the cards a lot of stats is not important. Even in Egoboo, stats do not mean too much.

I think the stats should be: Team (good evil, neutral,...), HP, MP, damage (a number and damage type), defense. There would be optional slots if the character especially vulnerable or immune to certain damage types.

I like the Yugi-Oh system where the creatures absorb the attack damage and you only receive the leftover damage after someone destroys one of your characters.

I think equipment cards are essential. Also, there MUST be some way to simulate dungeons/quests. Otherwise it's not really Egoboo!!!

yep.. dungeons sure is fun.. though I hope they're different when it comes to area cards.. (in effect that is).. well.. i heard theres a new thread about the card game rules..

Click
here to feed me a Rare
Candy!
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:30 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

*sigh* Can this be locked yet? It's un-needed, isn't it?
BTW, what does LFG mean?
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Nah, this is for general EgoCard discussion. The other is where we decide the rules.
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ahh, I see now. Nevermind!
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:50 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Cool
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

"The acronym is LFG. Give the definition and what the three letters stand for."
"Erm...Can you use it in a sentance?"
"Uhh...."
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Where'd you find LFG anyway?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Forum Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: