Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Books

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: Books If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

How do you make books work in modules?
I thought simply placing them in the objects folder was enough, but it's not apparently.
Clonkinator
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: Books If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
How do you make books work in modules?
I thought simply placing them in the objects folder was enough, but it's not apparently.

It actually is. Did you place a book that was not contained in something? That's a common mistake made. Place the books either in a chest or let them be dropped by the "dropper"-object used in Zippy city and they should appear. Actually if you know where they are, you can still pick them up even if you don't see them - it's just that their skin isn't displayed until they were contained at least once.
Chainsaw
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Alright, but what do I do if a character is holding a book?
In my case the problem is with an imported character that started the module with a book in it's inventory.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Hmm... That same problem is for me, too. But I putted books in chests, and no books that can be seen. Sad It's just... I HATE BOOKS!!! Evil or Very Mad I tried those things you Clonk said but they just are not seenable... Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Alright, but what do I do if a character is holding a book?
In my case the problem is with an imported character that started the module with a book in it's inventory.

Duh. And in the other modules the book works? Hmmm... Did you change the slot number of the book object? In that case, it won't work. The book.obj must always stay in slot number 127, since all scripts of the books take that as the books' skins.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Ohh... That might be my problem, too.
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Bang Head
Set the slot number to 127, It works now, Thanks.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Help All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: