Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
Angel and IDZS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think the idea of an angel city would be interesting. They must come from somewhere!

On the world map, maybe it would show up as a fluffy cloud in the sky. It could only be gotten to if your character has native flying ability, by airship, or by jumping from the top of the highest mountain when it is in range?

Imagine a bunch of clouds floating around that you can stand on, and creatures that can fly could move around without problems. Creatures that can't fly would have to jump from cloud to cloud and would have to risk falling...

You could have a "chief angel" there that could grant a quest for destroying the sporks (just capture a sporks and bring it to him). There could be a choir of angels which are casting the "holy spell" that will eventually plug up the Demon Shield and free the king.

If a demon made it to the angel city, his main task would be to kill the choir...
Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

YAY@SPLITTOPIC
But you spelt IDSZ wrong. Whoever did that... Wonder
I agree, that is an interesting idea.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

There IS a "chief", the "elder"
The Lord of Ducks
The Lord of Ducks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

@woodmouse: Just put your latest updates for angel in the first post to make it easier!

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken."
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

But then nobody sees it... Crying or Very sad
Penguin King

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:34 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Tell them that there is an update on the first page.

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

OK, so... From this on, I always put the new things to the first post!!! Ta-daaa! Mr. Green

And now there is newest on the first post...
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

There was talk about about the Angel's skills in the first page of this topic, and I'd like to contribute:

I think the Angel should have a skill which can be activated, rather than a passive one that enables it to use items.

I was thinking of something called Benefaction [BENF] (I took this idea from HoMM:V.)

The Angel's unarmed attack would be a special spell that targets objects in a fashion similar to that of a scroll of rebirth.
Once Benefaction is cast on a living creature, all of it's stats are boosted by a single point per Angel's level.
It would also resurrect dead creatures (But they will have only 1 hp.) and it will summon a powerful divine blast when targeted at Demons, Undead and other evil-doers.
All of these variations would cost mana to use.

This would make the Angel a useful ally for team play, of course the Angel will still be able to use his own unique items, but the main attraction would be the Benefaction skill.

Discuss?
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

How is that possible to be done? Shocked I can maybe script something if someone helps, but... Shocked Who the... [INSERT BAD WORDS HERE] could do that? Shocked But it's a good idea...
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think I might be able to script at least part of that (But I won't Very Happy), and I'm pretty sure it can be done with a little hard work.
Especially since some of this (Resurrecting and targeting, to be exact) exists in other scripts.
The Stat buff can be done in an Enchant.txt, But adjusting it to the Angel's level would be tricky.
The different conditions are simple, All you need for those are a bunch of "If" commands.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

...I'm not good at it...
Lumberjack
Lumberjack

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I'm sure someone will be willing to do it, if not, I'll see what I can do.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Very Happy The Angel has my own sounds now, so it's good thing, and I made the Angel use magic, strange magic, I have to say. POWRFUL magic... Check it yourself:

EDIT: Improved! Now it is finished! For a loooong time, but I haven't uploaded it here, so now! Take the Angel! Laughing

http://www.mediafire.com/?g9yqzsl1xye
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Development All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: