Egoboo Forum

The Legend of Egoboo Sporks of Yore
A Portal-themed level
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: A Portal-themed level If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

I think there should be ONE level devoted to Portal-like stuff, called WORMHOLE. It would have the basics from Portal (the Portal Gun, turrets, cubes, the companion cubes, lab environments, elevators at the beginning and end, and Chell.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

This forum is dead and I have moved on to another forum with everyone else.
penguinflyer2222
The Dark One
The Dark One

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

What do you mean "Portal-like stuff"?
An Egoboo minideveloper
Zefz
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Good idea. Like a LOT of teleports in a dungeon. Wonder how this will affect camera though, when in multiplayer one player goes through the teleporter and one stays behind.

"The pen is mightier than the sword- IF it is sharpened, dipped in poison and thrown really really hard at your target. But seriously, you are better off with a sword."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bgbirdsey
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

yes.
PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

PurpleSquerkle is yet to play Portal.
His computer is out of date.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--
Latest update= 7/15/08; Three new midi loops.

{new Squerkle coming as soon as I stop being lazy}
Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Zefz wrote:
Good idea. Like a LOT of teleports in a dungeon. Wonder how this will affect camera though, when in multiplayer one player goes through the teleporter and one stays behind.

It will be a one-player level, where only one character is created, and there are no exports, though the character can respawn. On top of all of this, there should be a way to aim the portal gun. For example, a fast usage to fire a wall portal, while holding it will fire a portal adjacent to the player on the floor. Turrets should be knocked over when bumped, BTW, and "using" in your left hand should pick stuff up with the portal gun. And to prevent losing the Portal gun, it should be attached/part of the Portal gun. And don't forget that there's a computer voice throughout the whole thing, with that computer at the ending, with some funny computer destruction...maybe there's a glass of water and the computer looks like a vending machine? Rofl Or you just unplug it? And after defeating the computer, something happens that knocks you out.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Maxaxle wrote:
Zefz wrote:

It will be a one-player level, where only one character is created, and there are no exports, though the character can respawn. On top of all of this, there should be a way to aim the portal gun. For example, a fast usage to fire a wall portal, while holding it will fire a portal adjacent to the player on the floor. Turrets should be knocked over when bumped, BTW, and "using" in your left hand should pick stuff up with the portal gun. And to prevent losing the Portal gun, it should be attached/part of the Portal gun. And don't forget that there's a computer voice throughout the whole thing, with that computer at the ending, with some funny computer destruction...maybe there's a glass of water and the computer looks like a vending machine? Rofl Or you just unplug it? And after defeating the computer, something happens that knocks you out.

First off, that sounds like it'd be very difficult to do.

Then: There's a line between parody and exact copying.
It's like the difference between having a Death Star level and having someone say of an enormous fortress: "That's no moon. That's a battle station."
I won't waste my time, though; I've said a lot in the thread about Styx as well.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

That's cool idea, IF it's made simpler... I mean, it's hard to make.
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

@Purple: It's not an exact copy if it has a different ending, and if the computer that should be dangling from the ceiling looks like a vending machine gets unplugged instead of being torn apart and incinerated.
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

PurpleSquerkle
Supreme Cookiemancer
Supreme Cookiemancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Although that would fall under parody, I still think it's too specific.
And difficult to pull off as well, that's my main concern, really.

+ PurpleSquerkle

--My website--

Maxaxle
Elite Gamer
Elite Gamer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:26 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Difficult? Yes. Fun? Yes. Slightly crazy? Maybe.
Laughing
FREE PIZZA TOMORROW

Agent of Dread
lolwut?? (Moderator)
lolwut?? (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

What's up with this damn thread?
I read it and leave and it still marks as unread. I come back after a few minutes and it's STILL unread!
Now, hours later, it still is!
WTF Informe?
Clonkinator
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)
Master Frying Pen (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Agent of Dread wrote:
I read it and leave and it still marks as unread. I come back after a few minutes and it's STILL unread!
WTF Informe?

It does that for me all the time, with all threads. Try clicking "mark all topics in this forum as read" instead, that helps. ...sometimes.
woodmouse
Skinner
Skinner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:47 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

It didn't help for me, but now everythinseems normal.
Penguin King

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: If a post contains some illegal issues you may abuse on it - just click Abuse and fill the form Reply with quote

Agent of Dread wrote:
WTF Informe?

For some reason the time at Informe was sometimes 5 hours behind.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Egoboo Forum Forum Index -> -> Suggestions All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: